• Purify air: Dracaena is one of the most effective houseplants in air purification. It helps remove formaldehyde, benzene, trichloroethylene and carbon dioxide. These are chemicals linked with several health problems among them headaches, respiratory problems, anemia, marrow disease, kidney disease among others. The houseplant will improve the indoor air quality.
• Humidity control: Through photosynthetic and respiratory processes, plants release moisture into the air. This will increase humidity in the air. Plants typically release about 97% of the water they take in. The placement of several dracaena houseplants will increase humidity in the room. This will in turn help you control respiratory distresses. According to studies by the Agricultural University of Norway, the use of houseplants will help decrease incidences of colds, dry skin, dry coughs and sore throats. Dracaena is effective in humidity control.
• Sharpening focus: The Royal College of Agriculture in Circencester, England, found that when there were plants in the room, 70% of students demonstrated attentiveness during lessons. Attendance was also higher in classrooms that had plants. The reason behind these findings is the fact that houseplants enhance cognitive function. They improve concentration, memory, better goal achievement as well as heightened attention. A study by the Texas A&M University found that workers in rooms that had at least two potted plants generated 13% more ideas than the other workers.
• They makes you happier: The benefits of dracaena can be seen across many studies in the psychological, cognitive, physical and social realms. The plants have been linked to increased self-esteem, improved mood and sense of well-being, increased sense of stability and control as well as increased feelings of relaxation, calm and optimism. All these contribute to the feeling of being happy.
👉How to care :
Soil: All dracaena species, including D. reflexa, respond well to loose, well-draining soil. This prevents water from accumulating and standing around roots for long periods of time, preventing root rot. Use treaty soil mix for better Dracaena growth.
Sunshine: Filtered indoor light (such as through a sheer curtain in front of a sunny window) or a semi-shade spot is an ideal location. Never place a dracaena plant in direct sun, as the rays will scorch its foliage.
Watering: Water your Dracaena when it appears the pot is getting dry, about once every 7-10 days.
👉The takeaway :
If you want a plant that
• Can make your interior look awesome
• Is easy to care
• Purifies the air and the environment.
Then Jamaica Dracaena Reflexa is a great pick for you!