- Self care flowers: Buying yourself fresh flowers is perhaps one of the easiest but most effective ways of practicing self-care. They make empowering self-affirmations that you are worthy, loved, and a beautiful creature who deserves all the love in the universe and who does not need another person to validate these claims. Whether as a cut flower arrangement or a flowering plant, you can never go wrong with orchids because of their one-of-a-kind beauty and long lasting blooms that can last up to weeks.
- Stress Busters: According to the latest study from the University of North Florida, a whopping 68 percent of people confessed they are stressed on a weekly basis, 32 percent say they are stressed every day, and 25 percent of these respondents were women. Aptly entitled The Impact of Flowers on Perceived Stress Among Women, the researchers observed that women who lived with and received flowers were able to lower their stress levels significantly and transform their moods into a happy and positive disposition. “When life seems to be in a constant state of frenzy, flowers can provide us with a much-needed moment of calm.
- Natural air purifiers: Our favorite orchids are actually among the beneficial plants you should definitely have at home or in the office. Dendrobium orchids, in particular, can improve the quality of the air you breathe indoors by stripping airborne xylene and other chemical solvents, which we unknowingly get exposed to from seemingly innocent everyday stuff, such as cleaning agents, painting supplies, or exhausts.
- Can help improve your sleep quality: An added boon of having (or hoarding) orchid plants for your home or office space is that similar to bromeliads and succulents, they can also produce beneficial oxygen even when you switch off your lights at night. This healthy flow of oxygen reportedly results in a positive and relaxing effect for us humans and lessens the risks of anxiety, panic attacks, and insomnia. If you’re having trouble calming your nerves during bedtime, we suggest taking an ornamental orchid plant inside your bedroom.
👉How to care :
Soil: Pot your Lipstick Plant in fertile soil that drains well .
Sunshine: The Aeschynanthus lipstick vine will not bloom without adequate light. Avoid placing this plant in full shade or full sun. The plant needs bright light for a portion of the day, but not all day long
Watering: During the active growing season, you may have to water an average of once weekly.
Fall through Winter: During the cooler months of the year, the Lipstick Plant’s growth slows, so therefore it requires less water. You will probably only need to water once every two to three weeks.
👉The takeaway :
If you want a plant that
- Is a self care orchid flower plant
- Have air purifying abilities
- If kept in bedroom the it help improve your sleep quality
Then Lipstick Orchid is a great pick for you!